Saturday, December 27, 2008


The Grand Tetons...or at least the part that wasn't covered in fog that day :) Last May for Memorial weekend (I know, this doesn't look like a photo taken in May at all!!) we traveled up to Yellowstone National Park for the weekend. It was a blast! Even though more often than not it was cold and snowy it was still a great trip. I got to spend sometime with some of my family that I don't get to see as much as I would like to anymore.
We stayed in a condo, and tried our hardest not to drive each other nuts in the small space for the week. We traveled all over the park, seeing everything we could take in. From buffalo, elk, deer, a coyote...or an iotee as my three year old nephew Andy would say... and even a few bears! To some truely beautiful landscapes. We chose to go in May in hopes of seeing some of the new baby animals, and despite the snow we got lucky! We saw loads of little baby buffalo, and a few rare baby black bear cubs with their mama.
When it was time to go home, we decided to go by way of the Grand Tetons, and Jackson Hole, Wyoming. It extend the trip by a few hours, but it was well worth it. I'm sure my brother, his wife, and my sister were past the point of being sick of traveling with me because of all the stops I made us take just to get a shot or two with my camera. This one made it all worth the sighs of irritation :) When we came in view of the Tetons, with the yellow grass field, the snow capped mountains and the heavy fog there was just no way I was going to pass up getting a shot of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year from the God of Bacon.

RyanAP said...

This is one of the most amazing photos I have ever seen. Its better then NatGeo.